As you might or might not know, the design of Dragon Bridge Da Nang is associated with the history of new architectural art in Da Nang. It was acquired from a competition among famous architects to bring the most exclusive design for the bridge. Two architects from the US with the design of a flying dragon have won the competition.
The Dragon Bridge in Da Nang crosses the Han River, the bridge stands out in the city center; making any Da Nang people looking at it feel extremely proud. The bridge was built in the style of architecture in the shape of a Dragon in the Ly Dynasty as it reached out to the sea; a very meaningful idea expressing the growing aspirations of Da Nang city. It represents the new architectural art of Da Nang.
The Distinct Structure of Dragon Bridge Da Nang
Not only is the bridge with one special kind of architecture in Vietnam but Dragon Bridge also is the arterial road of the city that provides the shortest road from Da Nang International Airport to other main roads in the city. Dragon Bridge, with the shape modeling a majestic dragon of the Ly Dynasty flying to the East Sea, is one of the most iconic architectures in Da Nang.
Dragon’s tail is stylized with the design of a blooming lotus flower, the traditional flower of the idyllic Vietnamese countryside. The undulating dragon’s body reaching the sea shows the ambition of Da Nang to integrate with friends all around the world. In terms of stability, 5 coating layers will prevent the bridge from corrosion and impacts of weather as well as bring the eye-catching golden color for the bridge.
Events at Dragon Bridge Da Nang
Night is the best time to see Dragon Bridge. Featuring 15.000 LED lights, it turns into a real dragon with a dazzling light effect. Moreover, Dragon Bridge attracts many visitors with several events and performances at night.
- Maybe you are interested in Linh Ung Pagoda, Son Tra Peninsula, Marble Mountain or My Khe Beach when you are staying in Da Nang, Vietnam
Da Nang Dragon Bridge Show Time
Fire and Water Performance
To all Da Nang visitors, along with learning about the Dragon Bridge history, watching the fire-breathing performance of Dragon Bridge Da Nang Vietnam is one of the most exciting moments. Fortunately, you can easily witness fantastic performances during the weekend without paying a penny. Regularly, at 9 o’clock on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, Dragon Bridge will provide residents and tourists with fantastic fire and water performance.
The first performance is a fire-breathing show that comes in 2 turns with 9 times of fire each wave. You will be amazed by the dazzling lights combining with the fire that comes out from the dragon’s head. Many tourists love the second show, which is a much shorter water performance than the former one. It includes 3 turns but only 1 time of water per turn.
The Best Place to Enjoy the Performance:
- On the bridge: When the show starts, vehicles are not allowed to pass the bridge. Since then, you can enjoy the performance right on the bridge. However, you should stay away from the dragon’s head, or else you might get wet during the water-breathing show.
- Under the bridge (Tran Hung Dao Street): Tran Hung Dao Street crosses the Dragon Bridge right under the dragon’s head. Thus, it is the best place to enjoy the performance. Moreover, you can enjoy drinks at many sidewalk bars along the street.
- From Bach Dang Street: Bach Dang Street is located at the end of the bridge. From here, you can enjoy both the performance and the poetic beauty of the Han River. However, you should get to the second floor of some cafe shops that have a balcony for a better view.
- From high above: A more exciting place to see the performance is from the top of many buildings near the bridge. You can enjoy the performance and the dazzling Da Nang night.
- From other bridges: Da Nang is the city of famous bridges such as Han Bridge or Tran Thi Ly Bridge. Since they are paralleling the Dragon Bridge, you can see the water and fire performance from both two bridges.
Da Nang International Firework Festival (DIFF)
Da Nang is a destination of not only beautiful beaches, ancient temples, and delicious traditional food but also famous international events such as Da Nang International Firework Festival (DIFF). Once a year, many fireworks competitors from all around the world will gather in this coastal city to attend the biggest firework competition of the year. Since the firework performances will take place in the Han River, Dragon Bridge is one of the best places to enjoy the fireworks for free.
Unfortunately, if you want to enjoy both the performance and the music fully, you should arrive soon before the show begins as there will be a massive crowd on the bridge.
Dragon Bridge Da Nang Map
How to get to Dragon Bridge Da Nang
It’s very easy to get to Dragon Bridge Da Nang. You can walk to get here if you stay in the center of Da Nang City. You can hire a taxi or motorbike to go to the bridge as well. If you want to see the bridge in the best ways, please contact Vietnam Shore Excursions, they can customize a special tour for you and your group or you can select one of the following tours.